Robust & compact, four stage, centrifugal pump with Torrium2 constant flow control.
Includes a loss of prime device for automatic water pressure and is designed for medium to large size, single and multi-storey homes.
- Ideal for boosting water pressure in large homes where the incoming municipal water supply pressure is inadequate
- Boosting pressure from tank to house water supplies
- Domestic & light industrial irrigation
- Automatic water transfer
- Applications where pressure “cycling” must be avoided or where the pump may have interrupted water supply
Why choose the DAVEY HS with Torrium2?
WATER PRESSURE SYSTEM
The HS Pressure System consists of a HS pump fitted with a Torrium2 controller. The Torrium2 is supplied connected electrically to the HS pump motor for:
- Easy non-tradesmen installation and assembly.
- Positive safety under varied weather conditions.
The combination of the high pressures supplied by the multistage HS pump and constant flow control provided by the Torrium2 enables users to enjoy the benefits of a strong comfortable shower from a pump that does not cycle plus the reliability of adaptive technology. The complete HS Pressure System is compact and quiet
- Easy installation, especially where space is at a premium.
- Non-intrusive operation, for customer enjoyment.
All parts of the entire system that are in contact with the water are manufactured from safe, corrosion resistant materials for:
- User confidence that their water supply will be as good coming out as it was going into the system.
- Ability to use the HS pressure system on a variety of water qualities.
Compliance with the strict requirements of ISO 9001.2000 quality standards ensures consistency in quality of the system.
- Pressure Boosting - Torrium®2 boosts low or fluctuating mains water pressure to give you strong, even water pressure for your comfort and convenience. Torrium2 can also pressure boost water from rainwater tanks.
- Constant Flow and Even Water Pressure - To prevent annoying fluctuations in water temperature during showers, Torrium2 uses its intelligence to provide households with constant flow to give even water pressure. It does this with its innovative pressure and flow sensors to start the pump on a pressure drop and to stop it on low flow (~0.26 gpm). This avoids pump cycling when there is continuing household demand for water.
- Quick Cut-in for Even Pressure - To give you strong pressure right from the start, Torrium2 is designed to cut in quickly when it senses demand for water. It cuts in when the pressure has dropped to 80% of the previous top (shut-off) pressure. It uses its intelligence to automatically set this cut-in pressure each time the pump stops. In doing so, it allows the system to automatically accommodate for variations in pump performance or site conditions.
- Adaptive Starting - Torrium2 is clever enough to detect the difference between normal water demand and a small leak in the system, such as a dripping faucet or a leaking cistern. For very low flows, Torrium2 automatically adapts to reduce the cut-in pressure, which can be as low as 50% of its last shut-off pressure. This significantly reduces pump cycling to improve consumer satisfaction with the system. If normal flow is required in the house (>0.13 gpm), Torrium2 will sense this and revert to normal mode and initiate an immediate pump start.
- Easy Status Check - To easily check the system status, Torrium2 has three simple LED indicators.
- Red LED - the system is in standby
- Green LED - the pump is running
- Yellow LED – fault condition
- Pressure Indicator Window - To give a quick guide to the system pressure, Torrium2 has a pressure indicator window on the side of the inbuilt pressure vessel. If the colour band (green-amber-red) is mainly green it indicates maximum pressure, whereas mainly red indicates low pressure. This indicator can help to analyse the occurrence of unwanted system leaks. If the colour band indicator is moving slowly towards red this signifies a slow drop in pressure and may indicate a small leak.
- Greater Hydraulic Performance - For better hydraulic performance to supply more pressure with less wasted energy, Torrium2 has been designed with larger water pathways and no moving parts in the pathways. This performance versus loss equation is especially evident at higher flow rates.
- Greater Reliability - To diminish the likelihood of blockages, Torrium2 is designed with no moving control parts within the water pathways giving greater reliability and performance with varying water quality.
- Dry Run Protection & Auto Restart - To protect the pump from damage due to dry running, Torrium2 stops the pump when it detects a loss of prime (no water supply) situation. To reduce system downtime, the Torrium2 waits 5 minutes then goes into auto retry mode, whereby it will restart the pump to see if prime can be re-established automatically. An auto restart occurs at 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 hours. Torrium2 will also restart if it detects flow through the system (e.g. from mains water pressure returning with pressure boosting applications).
- Pump Protection – High Water Temperature Cut-out - For added security and longer life, a water over-temperature cut-out provides a second level of protection against closed head operation and repetitive cycling. For water temperatures above 158°F Torrium2 will shut the pump down and the amber LED will be lit. When the water temperature drops to below 140°F, the Torrium2 will allow the pump to restart.
- Pump Protection – Excessive Electrical Current - To protect the pump motor, Torrium2 will shut the pump down and indicate a fault if it detects excessive electrical current being drawn. This occurs if the pump motor is subjected to locked rotor or if someone tries to manually override the Torrium2 by continually holding in the prime button.
- Corrosion & Scale Resistance - To allow Torrium2 to be used with water of varying quality, its flow sensors are mounted on a high grade stainless steel plate with special anti-scaling electronic action, which only turns the flow sensors on during pump operation.